Troubleshoot Account Lockout in Active Directorylock account windows lockout
Problem: A user complained that his account was lockouted frequencely. He changed password several days ago.
- Mapped drives using old credentials
- Systems using old cached credentials
- Applications using old credentials
- Windows Services using expired credentials
- Schedule Tasks
- Use Account Lockout and Management Tools to check user status (LockoutStatus.exe)
- Open Event Viewer to find Event ID 4740 to identify which station caused account lockouted.
- On workstation, find warning event to identify problem.
For my case, the Credentials Manager on workstation stored old password. After removed the stored credentials, problem is solved.
Note: each account has his own Credentials Manager